• It’s possible: Terra Naomi

    Her first track, Say It’s Possible, became a Youtube sensation and won the Youtube music award.


     But Terra Naomi, who performed on the banks of the Yamuna in Delhi a few days ago, and on the shore of the Dal Lake in Kashmir on Monday evening, says that her involvement with climate change happened overnight. “It was accidental. Al Gore’s movie, An Inconvenient Truth, had a great impact on me. The night that I saw it, I wrote Say It’s Possible. It just took five minutes for me to write it.”

    Naomi toured India to spread awareness about climate change, performing in Mumbai to commemorate 26/11 and then in Bangalore. She performed in Delhi on World Volunteer Day on the banks of the Yamuna, with bands Indian Ocean and Menwhopause, rounding off her tour in Srinagar on Monday, coinciding with the Copenhagen summit on climate change.

    Before she left for Kashmir, we asked her if the security situation worried her. “I’m excited about going to Srinagar. The culture is so rich out there and I’m curious to meet the people. But I’m not scared, I believe everywhere you go, stuff can happen... I was in New York on September 11. Through my concerts I want to make Copenhagen aware of the changing climate in the valley (Kashmir),” she had replied. Ask her if concerts like this actually help spread awareness, and she says, “I’m not an expert on anything. I’m just a musician, but music’s a universal language. People want to be involved in causes that are bigger than themselves and I feel lucky to be part of something like this.”

    This is Terra’s first trip to India, though she already has an India connect. “I learnt a lot about India when I was growing up. My ex-boyfriend was Indian and we almost got married here,” she smiles. The singer wrapped up her tour by ending her Kashmir concert with the line, “Say it’s possible.”

0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Recent Post

Translater

Custom Search

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

share http://www.wikio.com Blog Directory Subscribe with Bloglines Top Blogs blogarama - the blog directory Current Events & News Blogs - Blog Rankings world hot news,International, Politics,   Business,Criminal,  Infotainment, Sports,  Technology, Entertainment,  Gossip Politics (Opinion) - TOP.ORG Best Indian websites ranking Hihera.com - Blog Directory Social Media Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory GoLedy.com DigNow.net Dr.5z5 Open Feed Directory TopBlogDir.blogspot.com button Add to favourite links Top100 Bloggers - Top Blog Directory - Blog Top list

a href=http://www.softtonesphotography.co.uk/images/images/wedding_photography_Bristol.htm>Wedding Photography Bristol

Search Engine Optimization SEO

[Valid Atom 1.0]